Pulled Pork is not just for sandwiches, these tomato and mozzarella cheese stacks are a perfect way to use up left over pulled pork! Yum
- 350g Left Over pulled pork: Click on the highlighted text for my recipe.
- 150g Mozzarella Cheese: Sliced into 5mm slices.
- 50g Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano.
- 2 Large Tomatoes: Roughly 300g sliced in to 5mm slices.
- You will need a couple of moulds to form these stacks but any thing you have is good whether they be cookie cutters or something similar, failing that you can always layer this up in a bowl.
- Preheat your over to 180°C.
- Begin building you stack, start with a layer of pulled pork, followed by some mozzarella slices and some tomato slices to fill the mould, then sprinkle on a little Parmesan cheese and a pinch of oregano.
- Add a second layer of pulled pork and compress a little, follow with a another layer of mozzarella, tomato, Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Again add a layer of pulled pork and compress, continue with this process until the mould is full.
- Finally finish with a layer of tomato topped with mozzarella cheese, Parmesan and oregano.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a little more Parmesan cheese before serving.
- I serve this with a simple leaf salad and it makes a great light meal. Yum