Homemade Peanut Butter is so simple to make, I have no idea who decided to put it in jar and pretend it is tough to make! Yum
- 250g Shelled and peeled Peanuts.
- Salt to taste (Optional).
- Black Treacle or Molases to taste (Optional).
- Preheat your oven to 150°C.
- Place the peanuts in the oven and allow to slowly roast for 30-40 minutes, check on them regularly and shake in the pan to ensure the do not burn.
- Place the peanuts in a blender and blitz, at first it will look like a powder and it is difficult to believe it will form a butter, just keep going, and you will end up with a peanut butter.
- When a butter has been formed add in molasses or black treacle for sweetness and salt, however neither are really required!
- I feel like a complete fraud posting this but nowhere near as much of a fraud as the companies that do this and stick it in a jar and pretend there is a secret to peanut butter... Mix it up play with other nuts, it just works! Yum