Squid Ink Spaghetti With Shrimp
Bring a bit of bling to your spaghetti with shrimp by adding some squid ink pasta and the classics chili, garlic and lemon juice. Yum
- 1 Bulb Fennel: Sliced finely top to tail, I used a mandolin with a 1.5mm slicing attachment.
- 250g Defrosted Frozen Shrimp.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Flavourless Cooking Oil: I use rapeseed or canola oil.
- 130g Squid Ink Spaghetti.
- 1 Garlic Clove: Finely sliced.
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes.
- Zest of 1 Lemon.
- Juice of half a lemon.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Whilst the water is boiling check through the shrimp and remove any veins and ensure they are dry before adding half the chili flakes, half the lemon zest, the garlic and one tablespoon of the oil and set aside.
- Add the pasta to the pan and cook as per the instructions, should take around 8 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a high heat and cook off the fennel for 2-3 minutes, flipping over half way through the cooking time, the remove from the pan and set aside.
- Now add the garlic and shrimp to the frying pan with the marinade and cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- 30 seconds before finishing add in the lemon juice.
- You should now be ready to drain the pasta, drain and add in the shrimp and associated sauce and mix together along with a pinch of coarse sea salt.
- Return the fennel to the pan and bring back to temperature with the remaining chili flakes.
- Serve the fennel with the pasta and top with the shrimp and a drizzle of any sauce and the remaining lemon rind and if you have any some fennel fronds.
- You can of course use regular spaghetti for this dish. Yum