Homemade Peanut Butter is so simple to make, I have no idea who decided to put it in jar and pretend it is tough to make!
Homemade peanut butter is something I have been making since we moved to Hungary as it was initially difficult to find and it remains quite expensive. To be honest I am a little bashful about posting this as a recipe as homemade peanut butter is not difficult to make.
I have no idea if this is something everyone knows, but I certainly didn’t. Since we moved here I have taken to making lots of things at home that I would normally buy, everything from ketchup to sweet chili sauce. But none of them are 1 ingredient recipes, yes seriously homemade peanut butter requires ONE ingredient!
Peanuts, peanut butter is just bloody peanuts, homemade peanut butter requires nothing more than peanuts and a blender.
Why on earth did I not know this and how much money have a I given to manufacturers of peanut butter, when I say manufacturers I mean thieving *+!%%”+”(‘s, anyway enough of my ranting.
Seriously give homemade peanut butter a go, it takes very little time and you can add in your own flavourings later, sesame oil is great, chili rocks, molasses adds a wonderful bitter sweet note and a little salt is always nice!
Homemade Peanut Butter
- 250 g Peanuts Shelled and peeled
- Salt to taste Optional
- Black Treacle Or Molasses, optional
- Preheat your oven to 150°C.
- Place the peanuts in the oven and allow to slowly roast for 30-40 minutes, check on them regularly and shake in the pan to ensure the do not burn.
- Place the peanuts in a blender and blitz, at first it will look like a powder and it is difficult to believe it will form a butter, just keep going, and you will end up with a peanut butter.
- When a butter has been formed add in molasses or black treacle for sweetness and salt, however neither are really required!