This skillet chicken dinner remind me of my childhood so much, chicken, potatoes and cabbage were always omnipresent whilst I was growing up!
So I am rounding out 2017 with a super simple Skillet Chicken Dinner, sear off some chicken legs, add some veggies a nice honey and mustard sauce and then chuck it in the oven and let it do its thing. 2017 has been a ball for me here on Krumpli and I am grateful for each and everyone of you who have taken the time to come check out my tasty morsels.
Rather than wax lyrical and pretend I written this between Christmas and New Year I will fess up… I cooked this chicken skillet dinner a couple of weeks ago and right about now I am either lying on the sofa in front of a crap movie feeling fat, or my wife has bribed me into doing some DIY that I may or may not have promised to do over the Christmas period. I can tell the suspense is killing you, hit me up on FB if you really need to know 😉
No end of year post is complete without a list, in particular a list of your favourite recipes this year, no surprise to see a profusion of curries in the top 10 but there are some real surprises for me, so here you go your favourite recipes of 2017!
- Summer Tomato Salmon Pasta: A real surprise for me a recipe we have been cooking for a while and one I expected to get a lukewarm reaction, however I was wrong… It happens, not often though 😉
- Skillet Goats Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells: The popularity of this recipe was due in no small part to the popularity of one of my first videos on facebook.
- Lamb Madras: It’s a curry, a real good curry and you guys loved it almost as much as we do!
- Sticky Chicken Drumsticks: This recipe was one of the first I put on my site and it remains a perennial favourite, in all fairness stick spicy drummers really are always welcome!
- Chicken Pathia: I am so glad that this recipe resonated with some of you guys, a pathia is a pretty rare curry to see floating around on the web but one of my favourite, searingly hot with sweet and sour tones, and you know how much I love all of those things!
And I guess that’s about it, thank you so much for all of your support this year and I will lean on you for even more next year 😉 Cuz that’s the kinda guy I am, have a great New Years celebration and I hope the hangover fairy leaves you well alone!
Winner Winner Skillet Chicken Dinner
- 2 Chicken Legs: Separated into drumsticks and thighs.
- 1/4 Savoy Cabbage: Cut into 2 large wedges with a couple of the outer leaves shredded.
- 300 g Potatoes: Peeled and cut into equal even sized pieces a little smaller then a golf ball.
- 3 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard.
- 2 Tbsp Honey.
- 1 Tsp Cooking Oil: Neutral.
- 35 g Butter.
- 1 Tbsp Coarse Sea Salt.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C with a heavy cast iron skillet in there.
- Season the chicken legs pieces and sear in a pan with the cooking oil to get a nice colour.
- When seared drop the butter into the skillet which should by now be hot and then add the cabbage wedges.
- Then add the potatoes and shredded cabbage to the gap in between them.
- Mix together the honey and the mustard and then drizzle over the ingredients in the pan.
- Season with the remaining salt and then nestle in the chicken.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes.