Boxty: Irish Potato Pancakes
Boxty are an Irish potato pancake that I maintain are the worlds finest hangover cure and as an Englishman that is not easy to say! Yum
- 65g Plain Flour.
- 130g Left Over Mashed Potato.
- 85g Grated Raw Potato.
- 1 Egg.
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder.
- 1/2 Tsp Coarse Sea Salt.
- Good Grind Black Pepper.
- 60ml Milk.
- Butter for Cooking.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl with the exception of the milk
- Slowly add in the milk until a spoonable batter is formed.
- Add about 50g of butter to a pan and take it to buerre noisette or brown butter stage over a medium heat.
- Add a heaped table spoon full of the batter to the butter to form the pancakes and cook on one side for 3-4 minutes and then flip and cook the second side for 2-3 minutes.
- I like to serve it with a poached egg and some mushrooms, but go to town add bacon and baked beans too if you wish. Yum