Over 500 dinner or side course recipes that are specifically developed for two people.
Everything from quick & easy meals to fancy fodder built to impress.
- Beef Mince Stew and DumplingsBeef mince stew and dumplings, the best of British comfort food, it’s delicious, relatively cheap, hearty and the perfect winter dinner.
- Kotlet Schabowy Polish Pork SchnitzelKotlet schabowy is a Polish breaded schnitzel, lean pork loin is bashed thin & marinated in milk before being coated & fried until golden.
- British Indian Chicken Chasni CurryChicken chasni is a British Indian curry with its home in 1980’s Glasgow, it has a glorious sweet sauce featuring ketchup & mango chutney.
- Crumbled Tofu Pasta in Tomato SauceCrumbled tofu pasta cooked in a spiced tomato sauce is a quick and wonderfully easy vegan pasta dish that’s perfect for a midweek dinner.
- Old Fashioned Braised Steak and Caramelised OnionsBraised steak and onions, a magic old-fashioned British dish, what’s not to love about tender beef and caramelised onions in a rich gravy?
- Easy Thai Lamb Massaman CurryLamb massaman curry is a wonderfully easy & delicious slow-cooked curry, my version features potatoes, shallots, peanuts, mint & Thai basil.
- Homemade Tartar Sauce with DillHomemade tartar (tartare) sauce blows its store-bought counterpart out of the water when made from scratch and it is remarkably quick & easy.
- Chicken Dopiaza Fakeaway CurryChicken dopiaza is an ever-popular dish on the menus of British Indian curry houses, it’s a relatively mild curry defined by lots of onions.
- Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on ToastCreamy garlic mushrooms on toast, my version combines portobello & baby button shrooms in a brandy, mushroom ketchup, cream and chive sauce.
Hi, my name is Brian and I’m here to show you that ALL cooking is simple!
All you need are the right ingredients, a bit of time and good instruction. I help out with everything but the time.
You will get no gimmicks, no trends, no dietary advice and no life advice here. Just great food designed for two, the occasional story and maybe a spattering of sarcasm!
My recipes are a combination of the food I loved growing up and the food I have discovered as I continue to try and be as good a cook as I can be.
Growing up in the centre of one of the most multicultural cities in the UK influenced my food greatly.
Our love of big and “exotic” flavours is epitomised by the fact that the first Indian Restaurant in the UK predates the first fish and chip shop.
British food is often maligned or thought of as bland! But the nation responsible for Worcestershire Sauce, Cheddar & Stilton Cheese and Chicken Tikka Masala has far more to offer than roast beef.
Indian Fakeaway Recipes.
I adore Indian flavours but for years my nearest Indian takeaway was over 100 miles away. So when I got a hankering for a curry I had to make it myself.
You will be surprised how quick, easy, cheap, and tasty you can fake up your takeaway favourites!
I spent 13 years living in the Hungarian countryside and was blown away by the simple and hearty comfort food dishes that are way more than just goulash!
My Favourite Recipes.
Quite often my favourite recipes are not necessarily the most popular recipes on my site.
The obscure little recipes are the ones that I am most proud of much of the time, here are just a few!
Did you know that you can curate your own favourite recipes on my site?
Click the little sharing option in the bottom right hand corner, sign up and save away!
Your favourites will be just a couple of clicks away.