Over 500 dinner or side course recipes that are specifically developed for two people.
Everything from quick & easy meals to fancy fodder built to impress.
- Pasta Alla Norcina Creamy Sausage Penne RigatoniPasta alla Norcina is a pasta dish from the Umbria region of central Italy, typically made with penne it features sausage in a creamy sauce.
- How to Cook Perfect Poppadoms in a Pan or MicrowaveHow to cook poppadoms… the low down on all of the ways to cook Indian papad, their pros & cons & my favourite method for this iconic snack.
- Mackerel Curry with Goan InfluencesMackerel curry, my version of a Goan dish from the south of India, big chunks of bone-in fish cooked quickly in a wet spicy curry sauce.
- Chicken Satay Stir Fry with NoodlesChicken satay stir fry served with egg noodles, a quick & simple recipe in a peanut sauce with a sweet and sour vibe that everyone will love.
- Vietnamese Pork Belly Simply Braised and CaramelisedVietnamese pork belly is influenced by a dish called thit ba chi kho, it features pork braised & caramelised in a salty spicy-sweet sauce.
- Quick Devilled Mackerel FilletsDevilled mackerel fillets in a spicy mustard and Worcestershire sauce coating served with a simple pickled pearl onion and tomato salad.
- Lamb Pasanda Yoghurt and Almond CurryLamb pasanda, my take on a North Indian mild curry, succulent chunks of meat cooked in a well-spiced yoghurt based sauce loaded with almonds.
- Sausage Salad with Apple and New PotatoesSausage salad with rocket, apple, new potatoes and bacon, a hearty and delicious main course salad that makes a perfect light meal.
- Monkfish Curry with Coconut MilkMonkfish curry with coconut milk, this is a quick and easy fish curry with south Indian influences that is as delicious as it is simple.
Hi, my name is Brian and I’m here to show you that ALL cooking is simple!
All you need are the right ingredients, a bit of time and good instruction. I help out with everything but the time.
You will get no gimmicks, no trends, no dietary advice and no life advice here. Just great food designed for two, the occasional story and maybe a spattering of sarcasm!
My recipes are a combination of the food I loved growing up and the food I have discovered as I continue to try and be as good a cook as I can be.
Growing up in the centre of one of the most multicultural cities in the UK influenced my food greatly.
Our love of big and “exotic” flavours is epitomised by the fact that the first Indian Restaurant in the UK predates the first fish and chip shop.
British food is often maligned or thought of as bland! But the nation responsible for Worcestershire Sauce, Cheddar & Stilton Cheese and Chicken Tikka Masala has far more to offer than roast beef.
Indian Fakeaway Recipes.
I adore Indian flavours but for years my nearest Indian takeaway was over 100 miles away. So when I got a hankering for a curry I had to make it myself.
You will be surprised how quick, easy, cheap, and tasty you can fake up your takeaway favourites!
I spent 13 years living in the Hungarian countryside and was blown away by the simple and hearty comfort food dishes that are way more than just goulash!
My Favourite Recipes.
Quite often my favourite recipes are not necessarily the most popular recipes on my site.
The obscure little recipes are the ones that I am most proud of much of the time, here are just a few!
Did you know that you can curate your own favourite recipes on my site?
Click the little sharing option in the bottom right hand corner, sign up and save away!
Your favourites will be just a couple of clicks away.