Thai Style Stir Fry Chicken with Cashew Nuts
This Thai Style Stir Fry Chicken with Cashew Nuts is a super quick, hot, sour, sweet and salty stir fry with little hints of Thailand. Yum
- 1/2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce.
- 1/2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce.
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce.
- 1/4 Tsp Light Brown Sugar.
- 2 Tbsp Water.
- 1 Medium Onion: Approx 125g, peeled and thinly sliced.
- 1 Red Pepper: Cut into thin strips.
- 3 Spring Onions: Cut into 5cm lengths.
- 2 Garlic Clovers: Finely Sliced.
- 2 Dried Red Chili: Seeds Removed and cut into 1cm pieces.
- 75g Unsalted Cashew Nuts.
- 300g Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs: Sliced into a thin slices.
- 2 Tbsp Cornflour: Cornstarch in the US.
- 2 Tsp Lemongrass Paste.
- 100g Egg Noodles.
- 4 Tbsp Flavourless Cooking Oil.
- Mix together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar and water and set aside.
- Add the cashew nuts into a hot dry wok and toast, be careful not to burn them.
- Cook your egg noodles as per the instructions on the pack then refresh in cold water and set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok and fry the dried chili for 30 seconds and set aside..
- Now dredge the chicken thighs in the cornflour and cook for 3 minutes and set aside on some kitchen towel.
- Pour out all but a scant tablespoon of oil and add in the lemongrass paste and garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Now add in your onions and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until they begin to become translucent.
- Throw in the peppers and spring onions and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Then add in the chicken, fried chili and the cashew nuts and cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally add in the sauce and noodles and toss until every thing comes to temperature and everything is coated in the shiny sauce.
- Like all stir fried meals preparation or mise en place as chefs call it is critical, get everything ready before beginning to stir fry. Yum