The very essence of simplicity packed with zing and this garlic lemon chicken recipe can be on our plate in 40 minutes & 30 of that is all about relaxing
The mercury is rising here in rural Hungary and as a result of that food needs to be quick and simple, but still tasty of course.
This really zingy garlic lemon chicken is just the key.
I sometimes despair at some of the garlic lemon chicken recipes I see for the lack of both garlic and lemon. This recipe packs a real punch though and searing the lemon really adds a depth to the flavour, you could of course add a little honey to cut the sharpness if you wished.
Spending just 10 minutes in the kitchen preparing this tasty dish is all it takes until you head back and get it out of the oven, which leave plenty of time to hide in a shady part of the garden with an ice cold beer trying to hide from temperatures of 40°c+.
I typically think of
It is hard to believe that just a week ago we were off gardening duty due to unseasonably cold and wet weather and this week even the locals are struggling with the heat.
Unfortunately our vegetable plot still needs tending and we have to get up at stupid o’ clock in the morning to make watering them worthwhile, so I am feeling a particularly tired and grump farmer at the moment.
However on the plus side we are heading out to see one of my favourite bands this weekend which will no doubt lead to lashings of beer and naughty Hungarian fast food, in fact why not follow me on Instagram and catch up with the pictures I will no doubt post whilst your garlic lemon chicken is roasting away in the oven.
- 3 Lemons
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Peeled left whole
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Chopped Thyme
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 1 Large Onion, Topped and tailed and cut into 8 wedges
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- Black Pepper, Generous grind
- Pre heat your oven to 180°C-350°F.
- In a heavy based pan that can go into the oven sear your lemons over a high heat to singe
- Season the chicken thighs with the salt, pepper and thyme
- Remove the lemons from the pan and add the olive oil and bring to temperature and sear the chicken thighs skin side down until golden turn over then throw in the garlic, onions and nuzzle in the lemons flesh side down and put in the oven until cooked (about 30 minutes)
I use a meat thermometer to check when meat is cooked to perfection, for chicken I place my probe into the fattest part of the chicken and look for an internal temperature of 73°C.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 757 Total Fat: 50g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 37g Cholesterol: 333mg Sodium: 598mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 6g Protein: 64g