Mushroom Stroganoff my take on a old school Russian Recipe traditionally made with beef, I run with mushrooms and loads of paprika! Yum
- 50g Butter.
- 1 Onion: Finely Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic: Finely Chopped.
- 500g Mushrooms: I used Chestnut mushrooms as that was what was available but you could use anything you fancy.
- 1/2 Tsp Dijon Mustard.
- 1 1/2 Tsp Sweet Paprika.
- 125ml Vegetable Stock.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice.
- 100g Sour Cream.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the onions and cook until soft but not coloured, should take about 5 minutes.
- Cut the mushrooms in to bite size pieces ensuring that they are roughly the same size as each other.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute or two.
- Increase the heat to medium high, add in the mushrooms and cook for 5-6 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat back to medium/low and then stir in the mustard and paprika until completely combined then add in the vegetable stick and simmer for 5-6 minutes checking for seasoning after you add the stock.
- Remove from the heat and add in the lemon juice and sour cream and bring to serving temperature returning to the heat if required but be sure not to boil or simmer the sour cream as it could curdle.
- I like to serve this with rice but it would work great with a dense pasta or even some nokedli. Yum