These simple stuffed mushrooms with mince beef are cheesy, simple and delicious.
Minced Beef Stuffed Mushrooms.
Stuffed shrooms are no stranger here on my site… We are not talking about little appetizers, but full-on meal centrepieces, we love them!
These beef stuffed mushrooms are the first meaty shrooms I have here.
I usually make them vegetarian, not for any reason other than the fact that mushrooms are already quite meaty.
So the addition of minced beef and bacon make these super meaty!
The stuffing is really very simple are the main ingredients of many a great meat sauce for pasta.
The meatiness is joined by garlic, a little tomato, balsamic and parsley. Oh yeah cheese, we have both mozzarella and Parmesan.
Is this ringing a bell yet?
Other Stuffed Shroom Recipes.
Seeing as I have mentioned my penchant for vegetarian stuffed shrooms it would be remiss of me not to share.
Here you go:
- Cheddar Cheese and Brown Rice Grilled Shrooms.
- Easy Stuffed Shrooms With Roasted Red Pepper.
- Caramelised Onion and Goats Cheese Stuffed Portobello Shrooms.
And a quick appetizer stuffed mushroom to round things out!
What Are The Best Mushrooms to Use?
The best mushrooms for stuffing are either portobello mushrooms or field mushrooms.
They are practically the same thing to be honest. Portobello mushrooms are a mature version of the cultivated button mushrooms we all know.
Field mushrooms, also known as meadow mushrooms are the often wild cousin of the portobello mushroom.
Field mushrooms are often a little irregular in shape and do not have the same bowl shape. As a result, sometimes they are a little more awkward to stuff.
Both bake/roast or BBQ wonderfully, so whether you are cooking these beefy mushrooms or any of my vegetarian variants they are perfect.
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms
- 200 g Minced Beef
- 100 g Bacon
- 100 g Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 50 g Tomato Passata
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 20 g Parsley
- 50 g Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese For Garnish
- Dice the bacon and add it to a medium pan and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and finely dice.
- Finely dice the onion and garlic.
- Add in the diced mushroom stalks, diced onion and garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Turn up the heat to high and add the beef, a pinch of salt and a generous amount of pepper and stir until browned.
- Chop the parsley and add to the mix with the mozzarella cheese.
- Then add the balsamic and tomato passata and stir to combine.
- Drizzle the mushroom caps with olive oil and then season them with salt.
- Spoon in the beef mix and then roast for 20 minutes at 180°C or 350°F.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 720 Total Fat: 47g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 26g Cholesterol: 155mg Sodium: 1275mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 8g Protein: 55g