This Korean Salmon dish is so quick and simple it hurts, simply flashed under the broiler after sitting in a really tasty marinade for an hour or so.
Simply Broiled Salmon.
It is hard to beat fish when it comes to quick dinner recipes and this simple salmon offering is a real good un!
This recipe is nothing more than some marinated salmon that is cooked under a hot grill or broiler.
It comes courtesy of an old friend who informs me that this is called Yang Nyum Salmon. It joins just one other Korean inspired dish on my site, my Korean Steamed Chicken recipe.
The ingredients that it uses should be familiar to anyone who cooks Asian inspired food regularly.
As I have mentioned above you if you have landed here then the chances are high that you are familiar with most of these ingredients.
However, just in case you are not, then I will run through a couple of things.
- Mirin: This is a type of rice wine similar to sake, but it is sweeter. If you want to substitute it, then add a little more sugar and any other rice wine.
- Light Soy Sauce: This does not mean low sodium soy sauce!
I like serving this recipe with noodles, in all fairness I like serving lots of things with noodles!
This noodle dish in these pictures is a take on my sweet and sour noodles.
Adding toasted sesame seeds and sliced spring onions is also a nice touch.
It would work equally well with stir fried broccoli.
Some pickles like pickled daikon or pickled cucumber would also be fantastic!
- 300 g Salmon Fillet
For the Marinade
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 20 g Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Mirin
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- Mash the garlic cloves.
- Grate the ginger.
- Combine the garlic and ginger with the remaining marinade ingredients.
- Place the salmon flesh side down in the marinade and allow to sit for an hour.
- Preheat your grill or broiler to very hot!
- Place the fish on its side on a foil-coated baking sheet and slide under the grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip over and cook the other side.
- Then flip the fish so that it is skin side up and slide under the grill until it crisps up. This should take 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 638mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 34g